Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 05:41 PM

Default I\'m Goin\' to Vegas!

Any advice on where to go for well structured MTT's ($50ish) buy in? Any suggestions about Clubs, food, or kick ass strip joints? I'm goin' with some friends and wanna make the most of it while I'm there. Thanks in advance for the input/suggestions.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: I\'m Goin\' to Vegas!

They have decent tournies at Binions Horseshoe downtown with relatively weak fields. $60 buyin + 10 rebuy anytime (500more chips- everybody takes it) and $40 addon (2000 more chips) - i think 40 since I seem to remember it as a $110 total tourney, might be $20. 20 minute levels.

They run 10am, 2pm, 8pm and 2am when I was there, which was at the WSOP so they might have scaled back since then, dont know.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:19 PM

i was just in vegas last weekend. the sahara has great tournaments at 11am, 7pm, and 11pm daily. $42 buy-in with one $20 add-on. i really liked the aladdin sit-n-go sundays as well. $55 sit-n-go's all day long. check out allvegaspoker.com. they've got all the info you need.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:44 PM

I just got back from Vegas - played in the morning MTT at Aladdin almost every morning. It attracted about 130 people and the buy-in is $40. It's a freeze-out, so if you're like me and hate re-buy's, this is the tourney for you. Start w/ t1,500 w/ 25/50 blinds and 15min. rounds. Top 9 get paid, 1st gets around $1,200.

Many people play this tourney every day of their trip, so you can actually get to know certain people's tendencies. The competion is around what I find at FullTilt's $10 MTT's. Also, there is always a juicy 3/6 game going on before the tourney, so it's easy to win your buy-in.

Oh yeah - free breakfast!!!