Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Is it broke? - K8o

Hi all. I'd appreciate your help. Thank you all for your comments so far. I am doing a thorough review on my game to see if I have slipped into bad habits. I'd appreciate comments on this to see if my game is "broke"

I don't normally post thoughts but I do here so you can tell me where it is wrong (if it is)

<font color="green"> Button is 34/7 with moderate aggression but very loose post flop. Some trickiness in his soul but not overly so </font>

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

<font color="blue"> standard? </font>

Turn: (2.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

<font color="blue">Well the Ace is as welcome as a fart in a lift but I must bet I think. OK? </font>

River: (4.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>,

<font color="blue"> My river play is awful! I do not value bet enough. If I checked I would have called, so since I am trying to bet more, I decided to bet in case a small PP checked behind rather than try to induce a bluff. Which is best here? </font>

Final Pot: 5.50 BB
Old 08-16-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Is it broke? - K8o

Flop -- I think you should have checked. Most buttons will bet most of the time, even if they have garbage such as ace high. If the SB raises, you now fold and save a lot of money. If the SB folds, you now raise the button, whom you are ahead of more often than not.

That said, your bet is not horrible.

Turn, river -- these are tough spots. I don't know if your line is right, or if check calling would have been better. Jen Harman would have led it like you did so it can't be that wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2005, 01:04 PM

Flop and turn bet are okay.

On the river you gain by betting if they have an 8 and will call. I would tend to check and call maybe picking up a bluff from something like J10.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On the river you gain by betting if they have an 8 and will call. I would tend to check and call maybe picking up a bluff from something like J10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what hands call you that don't beat you. Well, yes I do, low PPs. But there are not enough of them. Check/call.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what hands call you that don't beat you. Well, yes I do, low PPs. But there are not enough of them. Check/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...Anyone check call the turn here?
Old 08-16-2005, 04:22 PM

Played perfectly on every street in my opinion, if your opponent was known to be an aggressive tricky player, then i would check call the turn and the river. But against the typical opponent your line is best.