Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Stealing Blinds Question Cash v. Tourney

I am pretty good at picking spots to steal the blinds in STT and MTT play, but I am not so confident when it comes to cash games. I'm sure things vary based upon the dynamics of the table, but how important is stealing blinds in a cash game versus a tournament? I'm guessing its more important in a tournament, but should still be done in cash cames. Not really sure what to think, was hoping maybe some of you had thoughts about your frequency of blind stealing in cash games. I play 100NL if that helps. It seems there are some online that try to make of living off sitting down raising huge, taking down blinds, and leaving, and I don't mean that, I mean during the course of a regular session at the table. Obviously the ability to reload at will during cash games vs. tourney makes a huge difference. Any thoughts appreciated and if I'm repeating a post or my post is useless, sorry for wasting your time, just move along.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Stealing Blinds Question Cash v. Tourney

Don't spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to steal the blinds in a NL game. The deeper the stacks, the less significant it is.

Your ultimate goal is to take stacks. While waiting for that opportunity and you want to try "stealing" think about picking up smallish pots on the flop or, pf, pots where a bunch of people limp. Until you get the feel for it, however, don't do it with complete junk. Start by making your move when you have some sort of an out.