Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Bad Check?

Opponent seems generally pretty solid. Bad check on the end? Should I have value bet, and fold to a raise? Value bet and call a raise?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.20 BB
Old 08-14-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Bad Check?

Good check. Villian won't call without something that beats you, and he could be going for a checkraise.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:51 PM

Bet and fold to a raise. I don't see any reason to believe he has a K or T, who knows what he might call with, and it looks like a safe fold if raised.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:16 PM

Should have taken your advice Wheelz. Villain flipped over 77
Old 08-14-2005, 07:46 PM

Bet every time here. All kinds of garbage will call you down.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good check. Villian won't call without something that beats you, and he could be going for a checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is totally wrong. Villain will call with any ace and JJ or QQ. Some might even call with other crap, who knows what they are thinking? Safe fold if raised generally unless up against known bluffer.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]This is totally wrong. Villain will call with any ace and JJ or QQ. Some might even call with other crap, who knows what they are thinking? Safe fold if raised generally unless up against known bluffer.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, could be. I don't have that much experience with SH. But any villian that even called down to the river with any ace or other crap is a moRaN anyway. I hope I see lots of these guys at my at my future SH tables.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:45 PM

I agree that there is value in a bet, but that its very small. i.e. worse hands will occasionally call but not many and not often.

I do think that handling a c/r incorrectly might be a relatively more costly error. W/o a read I might check this down, thinking that I really can't call a c/r and a habitual bluffer might bluff raise this one.

In any case the default value bet because most people are idiots is almost always best.