Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Islam

Is anyone serious about this "bomb the Muslim holy cities" thing? It sounds so far out, but I just can't tell...

If it is serious, how can you possibly justify it?
Old 08-12-2005, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Islam

I think they are serious, kinda scary eh?
I'm all about removing all organized religion from the face of the Earth, but this is my fantasy, I have little (read: no) hope of this ever happening, nor would I support the mass eradication of believes to accomplish this.

Cody
Old 08-12-2005, 03:48 AM

Let me put this on the record.

Should the United States of America, which I consider Planet Earth's best attempt at civilization thus far, ever deliberately set out to destroy Mecca, Jerusalem, the Vatican, or any other irreplaceable site of of one of the great world religions, I will instantly defect, devoting the rest of my public life to the downfall of this country in whatever way I can be most effective.

That is all.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:26 AM

Default Mash\'d

[ QUOTE ]
That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

#!#&%!* goddamn Army...
Old 08-12-2005, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me put this on the record.

Should the United States of America, which I consider Planet Earth's best attempt at civilization thus far, ever deliberately set out to destroy Mecca, Jerusalem, the Vatican, or any other irreplaceable site of of one of the great world religions, I will instantly defect, devoting the rest of my public life to the downfall of this country in whatever way I can be most effective.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gonna vote for Hilary, huh?
Old 08-12-2005, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone serious about this "bomb the Muslim holy cities" thing? It sounds so far out, but I just can't tell...

If it is serious, how can you possibly justify it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm from the UK where we don't have any real newspapers, so am unaware of the who-said-what on this. Who talked about this? Holey moly, wasn't Cheney or Rumsfeld, was it? Gulp.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gonna vote for Hilary, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

If hes really in Texas, will that even make a diff?

Mack
Old 08-12-2005, 09:09 AM

Default Tom Tancredo: Republican Colorado, USA Says Yes!

Tom Tancredo a Republican congressman from Colorado said that if the islamo-fascist succeed in nuclear terrorism in the USA, that he supports the eradication of muslim holy sites. This is of course a not so subtle code speak of nuke Mecca and Medina.

Be honest with yourself. Is this really so surprising? After all, both the USSR and USA had a policy of nuclear genocide called MAD (mutually assured destruction) which was policy throughout the cold war. Since both the USA and the USSR were largely rational, this policy assured there would be no nuclear war except in hollywood movies. So why should not the same policy extend to the islamo-fascists? The answer is it should. Once the islamo-fascist open up the nuclear genie then there needs to be a mass genocide of muslim countries which largely support terrorism. Thanks to the Pew International polls, identification of these countries which largely support terrorism is EASY!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Tom Tancredo: Republican Colorado, USA Says Yes!

[ QUOTE ]
Be honest with yourself. Is this really so surprising? After all, both the USSR and USA had a policy of nuclear genocide called MAD (mutually assured destruction) which was policy throughout the cold war.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your plan is to destroy the entire planet just to prove a [censored] up point? Nice.

Mack
Old 08-12-2005, 09:31 AM

Default With sugar on top

[ QUOTE ]
Both the USSR and USA had a policy of ... mutually assured destruction which was policy throughout the cold war. Since both the USA and the USSR were largely rational, this policy assured there would be no nuclear war except in hollywood movies.
<font color="white"> . </font>
So why should not the same policy extend to the islamo-fascists?

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't be a jackass. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The "islamo-fascists" are not a sovereign nation with frontiers and a capital. The implications of that important difference are not obvious yet even to Washington so you are excused for supporting such pap. Washington has twice gone to war to combat terrorism, both times against soveriegn nations!

[ QUOTE ]
Once the islamo-fascist open up the nuclear genie then there needs to be a mass genocide of muslim countries which largely support terrorism.

[/ QUOTE ]
"This is more than a crime, it is a mistake."

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to the Pew International polls, identification of these countries which largely support terrorism is EASY!

[/ QUOTE ]
If it is as easy as you think it is, then should not a prudent American administration be taking measures relative to those governments NOW rather than waiting for an American city to be nuked?

I mean, if we could nullify that threat by going after a couple of governments right now, whether by a fully-fledged invasion or by clandestine black-bag ops, who would say different?

So... Out with their names, compadre!