Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 03:34 PM

Default I need some encouragement... lol...

OK. I was playing $100 buy-in NL. ($2 SB/$4 BB)

First hand, I was dealt JJ's. I raise to $20. Everyone folds except SB and BB. The flop comes out 6 6 8. SB and BB check, and I bet 20. SB folds and BB calls. The turn is 2. I bet 20, and BB folds.

Second hand, I was dealt AKo. I raised to 25. Everyone folds except SB.

The flop is J 8 3. He bets 40, and I call. The turn is 7. he bets 40, and I call. The river is another 7. He goes allin, and I fold.

Third hand, I was dealt AKs. I raised to 20. The button and SB calls. The flop is K Q 6. I bet 20, both call. The turn is 3. I go allin. The button folds, and SB calls. The river is J. She turns over her cards JJ.

After those three big hands I left the table broke.

You can slap me for the second hand, but I need some words for the last hand. Did I play my hand wrong? Or did I really need some encouragement for that badbeat?

Thank you, ^^

GOMOOJOOL
Old 08-14-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: I need some encouragement... lol...

i'll slap you for playing a game where the stacks are 25 big blinds deep instead.

biggest craps shoot ever. 2/4 with 100$ stacks is going to have such high variance that you're going to go broke a lot. 10$ says OP registered for a 109 "speed tournament" on party after he made this post [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

oh and another slap for having a bad beat post in disguise.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:45 PM

get all the cash together that you can and buy as much liquor/beer as you can. It's a good start to feeling better.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:59 PM

ok so ill take it easy on u seeing this is only your 8th post. please do not post bad beat hands!! there is a bad beat forum at cardplayer if u must.

the 2nd is a disaster. why even call the flop with missed overs if u don't think your hand is good.