Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Ring or 6-max for me?

All of this was at 25$ NL

Ok today/yesterday I played around 1000 hands of 6 max, and made a total of 7$ with a 120$ downswing in there

I felt like i took some of the worst beats of my poker life during my time there. prior to this I played 1400 hands of 10 max and to my surprise made 32bb/100 which is insanely good. (obviously unsustainable, I know I can't keep it up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

BUT I can't believe some of the garbage I saw at 6 max. I felt like I played great but I had no luck. I'm not sure I should be playing it. the downswings are a bit of a roller coaster. I never actually believed there was higher variance in 6 max ahahhahaha.

when i start party I really have no idea what I'm gonna play now. I realize the sample sizes are about as small as you can get but I've been dealing with some stuff this month [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

anyone have similar experiences going back and forth from ring to 6 max? are there frequently days where nothing seems to go right?

I know this topic has been done to death but before I move up, I'm probably going to make a final decision about which one I'll play. i guess if you feel cool telling me to use the search button then that's good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Ring or 6-max for me?

If you want to make more money and get better overall at poker, go 6max.

If you want nice returns, but dont want as much variance, go full.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:41 PM

Playing 10 max certaintly improves your poker skills as you'll be playing more multi-way pots in general. Both have its merits.

Tears
Old 08-13-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing 10 max certaintly improves your poker skills as you'll be playing more multi-way pots in general. Both have its merits.

Tears

[/ QUOTE ]

just played my third 6 max session

I would rather be killed in a drunk driving accident on the night of my wedding than play it again.

swings the likes of limit holdem...so nasty. Im stuck 10$ overall with greatest swing of 120$ but I'm a lot smarter now. ok maybe the preflop all ins with AK were part of the problem ( i was fave every time ) but the game is still sick sick sick

10 max how could i ever leave you baby. People would always go broke in unraised pots in 10 max too, that was always a nice little treat every 2-300 hands.

I think much of my attraction to 6 max was the attitude a lot of 2+2ers have toward ring. Like the guy who made the first response to the post, he and many other 2+2ers look down on ring with utter disdain for whatever reason. which kind of made me want to play it

haha, I updated this post as if anyone cares [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] flame on