Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Table selection: what is the minimum VPIP

for table that is considered as "good" table to join to , to make money?
im talking mainly about 0.5/1 at PP.
i see a lot of tables with Vpip=28,26. i think its too tight am i right?
Old 08-13-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Table selection: what is the minimum VPIP

[ QUOTE ]
for table that is considered as "good" table to join to , to make money?
im talking mainly about 0.5/1 at PP.
i see a lot of tables with Vpip=28,26. i think its too tight am i right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be able to beat anything above 20 without much trouble. Your bb/100 will maybe be higher on a table in the high twenties or better.

-D
Old 08-13-2005, 03:54 PM

I try to find a table with at least 35%, but it can be diffucult, depending on the site... Right now, I'm Whoring on 2 tables on WH, and the tables have a dismal VPIP of 21% and 7-11% PFR.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The way I search is that I in the Lobby I sort by decending pot size, then get on the waiting list....

What I notice, however, is that once I GET on one of those tables, they VPIP seems to rapidly drop, as Sharks and Whores jump into the school of fish....

I've seen table stats drop from 45% to under 20 in 15 mintues. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Since I use PT and it takes a while to build stats on players at a table, I dont like to leave once I get reads on 50% of the players on the table.....

On a related topic, when I play short handed (6 player tables), the VPIP goes WAY up, average is like 50%+, and never seems to be below 30%.. As a Whore, i'm trying to learn how to play these tables profitably, but I have very high variance and after first kicking butt, I eventually got a bank roll enema [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2005, 03:54 PM

what about loose games that i read a lot about? it suppose to be VPIP>40. r they exist? why it seems that a lot of players play tight? where r the loosers gone?
Old 08-13-2005, 04:00 PM

I 4 table and can easily find 4 tables 30% or over at .5/1, 30 is my MINIMUM.

I usually have at least 1-2 that are 35+
Old 08-13-2005, 04:01 PM

It is not uncommon to find 6max tables at Party with a VPIP of >60. I usually play those and full tables >30.

Durs
Old 08-13-2005, 04:04 PM

Even fish play much tigher online, as the bordom factor is lower, since they can play more hands/hr. I asked the same question a while ago, and SSHE only discusses brick and motor, where games easily have over 6 players seeing the flop. I wondered were they were online, but I've yet to see a table where 6+ players on average see the flop... (at least at .5/1 and above)

On on unrelated note... on my previous post above, I FINALLY LOST MY HYMEN AND AM NO LONGER A STRANGER!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2005, 04:19 PM

$1 tables I would shoot for 35% VPIP is a min anything above that my cut off is 26%
Old 08-13-2005, 04:31 PM

It's not that complicated. Look for bad players + good relative position. I rarely spent much effort in table selection at .5/1, and it generally had to do with avoiding tables with multiple known TAGs and rocks -- even then it was only because there's an abundance of tables and bad players far outnumber good ones, so there's no real need to cohabit with too many other tighties.

You should use the opportunity to learn why some tables are better than others by experiencing a wide range of them -- you can find damn near any type of table texture somewhere in the list. Find out things like who you want where, and how uncomfortable it can be when you have a bad seat at even a good table.

This isn't to say that you should actively seek out bad tables, but maximizing your earn is probably less important than developing a solid understanding of what constitues a good table and why, especially since even "bad" .5/1 tables are still pretty profitable for the most part. Every so often stay at a less than perfect table a little longer than you ordinarily would. Do your best to adjust, then spend some time thinking about what effect moving players around would have on the texture of the table and how it would affect your strategy. You'll thank yourself down the road.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:35 PM

here is your table selection requirements for .5/1

an OPEN SEAT, simple enough