Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 09:12 PM

Default Flop plan?

The first coldcaller appears to be a major lag (he's been playing more passively than his stats, which peg him as a complete maniac, so I'd put him somewhere in between maniacal and superLAG) 3-bettor is a solid TAG who may think I've been raising a bit light as I've been getting some solid starting hands. Other player (SB) is unknown.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero...
Old 08-09-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Flop plan?

Call and see what happens. We have the 2nd nut flush draw, but the possibility of A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] scares me.

I don't see any value in raising.

EDIT: 10/20 now? Thought the 5/10 swings were toasting you.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: 10/20 now? Thought the 5/10 swings were toasting you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. The swings are still there, as they always will be (especially for someone who plays a high volatility style), but I've been pretty happy with my run at 5/10 and have decided to slowly give 10/20 a shot.

Rob
Old 08-09-2005, 09:31 PM

I realized that stopping the action where I did made it seem like a pretty easy call (which I think it was). I changed the post.

Rob
Old 08-09-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I realized that stopping the action where I did made it seem like a pretty easy call (which I think it was). I changed the post.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm seeing the action when it is two back to you . . .

I don't like capping and I think folding is absurd, so calling is easy.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:49 PM

I agree.. easy call.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:54 PM

id fold. there is a high likelyhood this is going to be capped behind you. all of your outs are almost probably tainted and you have ace high.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id fold. there is a high likelyhood this is going to be capped behind you. all of your outs are almost probably tainted and you have ace high.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has the second nut flush draw and a gutshot to the nut straight if there's no flush out there. I'm not willing to concede that, in an aggressive game, we're drawing dead here. The turn will be tricky, but facing a future tricky decision isn't enough to dump this here, IMHO. Even if it is capped behind Hero's getting enough to see the turn.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:22 PM

Cap with position and call out of position. You should be doing the capping yourself, even if you know that someone else will cap for that slim chance that they all check to you. OOP that can't happen so just call.

Brad
Old 08-09-2005, 11:40 PM

Catt - Your play is ultra weak &amp; I can't believe anyone at these forums would suggest folding here.