Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 10:57 PM

Default Thank you, bossJJ

While your debating tactics are somewhat suspect, I do appreciate you forcing to me look closer at conservative Judaism and where the supposed conflicts between it and Christianity (and Messianic Judaism) exist. After doing much reading and researching, I am now fully confident that teachings about Jesus are fully in keeping with Judaism and the apparent conflicts are not conflicts at all. I will admit that your knowledge of Judaism forced me to reevaluate the claims of Christianity but now the doubt is removed. So, thank you very much.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Thank you, bossJJ

When I was about 13 being interviewed for Baptism by my minister I argued with him about why I thought Jews could be Christians. He insisted this was an impossibility. I found his arguments dubious. He found my Baptism dubious. Of course we now have Jews for Jesus on the 700 club. Are they really Jews? Jesus, who knows?

PairTheBoard
Old 08-08-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Thanks for what ever

[ QUOTE ]
After doing much reading and researching, I am now fully confident that teachings about Jesus are fully in keeping with Judaism and the apparent conflicts are not conflicts at all. Now the doubt is removed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please share with us the path you traveled, by divulging the texts that led you a position contrary to the one supported by BossJJ.

You are thanking him for enticing you to check again the holy texts but you are saying that you are now even more sure that BossJJ is wrong!

How's that ?
Old 08-08-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Re: Thanks for what ever

Yes. Don't tease us like this.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Thanks for what ever

All in good time. I dont have the time or desire to make the post now. But I would like to say that my thanks was sincere. I learned a lot about Judaism that I didnt know and I am also convinced that Christians should learn more about Judaism. So I will try to make a post later on this week.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Thank you, bossJJ

One of the keys here is the Jews interpreting all messianic prophecies in the OT in a nationalistic sense, rather than in the sense of the Kingdom of God here and now in the hearts of men, which is why they did not accept Jesus.