Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 01:18 AM

Default I spike my gutshot... and fold

No individual reads, but the table's been aggressive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero folds...

I called the turn raise to get an extra bet out of MP, whom I figured was drawing dead. I was going to then raise the river and get one more BB out of the SB. But then MP's startling reraise and SB's cap started to bother me. If anyone has T9, I'm drawing dead and I didn't know how many more bets it would take to show down.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: I spike my gutshot... and fold

Nice hand.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:24 AM

BTW, I should confess that I didn't realize I was double-gutted on the flop. If I had, I'd probably have semi-bluff bet out. I'm 3-tabling and sometimes I miss double-guttedness in those cases; I just saw the 7s as outs, not the 3s.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:26 AM

Is this really a fold here? I think I'd see a set and twopair more often than T9 or 95.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:26 AM

Actually it's okay since one of your gutshots isn't to the nuts and even if it doesn't give someone a better straight it subjects you to redraws.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:28 AM

MP3 call/3-bet the turn. That is usually the biggest of the monsters. Then SB came back and capped. Hero is getting immediate odds of 12:2 with considerably worse effective odds. I think it's a great fold.

Sure sometimes you see two pair, a set, the worst played AA ever, but I would guess that most of the time Hero is in terrible shape.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:46 AM

Ah thanks for walking me through that. I didn't think call/3-betting the turn signifies the nuts, but it is going to be exspensive to go along for the ride.