Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 02:51 AM

Default 10/20 6max: best overpair line - TT

MP is 47/15/0.6 over 174 hands. Note says: Calling station - VB(valuebet). chases longshot draws but gives up on flops with no-pair hands.

Button is 35/12/3.75 over 51 hands.

SB is 28/18/1.8 over 112 hands.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

This hand didn't sit well with me when I played it.

Surf
Old 08-07-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Re: 10/20 6max: best overpair line - TT

hmm. I want to say fold the river, but the pot is so big. I really can't see you being ahead though. I think the other streets are fine. I suppose there is an argument for calling the flop intending to raise the turn because the pot is so big on the flop...but sb might not bet AK on the turn so if he does bet there's a good chance you're behind and don't want to raise. Also a raise might knock out some backdoor draws or make overcards fold incorrectly which is not insignificant in a pot of that size. All in all, I think you played it ok.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:21 AM

If you didn't have the T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], the turn is a fold. Even with it, it's close. Easy fold on the river unless SB is nuts.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:28 AM

is that a standard fold for you?
Old 08-07-2005, 03:32 AM

What is he betting into 2 people that OP beats on the river? On the river it's clear he doesn't have AK unless he's nuts or he hit his flush on the turn. Maybe 99 but that's a longshot. Now that I think about it, I think you should raise the turn.

Actually I don't know about the turn play. I just checked behind with the nut straight on a T987A board. I'm too tired. I'll rethink this in the morning.

It's unlikely you'll be 3-bet unless SB has a flush. You, hopefully, drive MP out of the pot. If SB is betting AK, you make him pay and you can check behind on the river. Hummmm, I don't know. sleepy time.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold on the river unless SB is nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what didn't sit well with me. I knew it was a fold I should make, but I have so much trouble letting go a hand with as much showdown value as an overpair even though the prior action makes it clear i'm beat, especially in a pot this big.

Surf
Old 08-07-2005, 03:47 AM

2 questions: you're making this fold on the basis of some sort of read that he's not reckless etc., right? and is that read more than just his taggy preflop numbers?
Old 08-07-2005, 03:50 AM

Believe it or not, I'm folding this on the river
Old 08-07-2005, 03:58 AM

I think the chances of him having AK by the turn are real low, unless it's A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Going off his stats alone, I find it hard to believe he'd put in all that action PF then 3-bet a raise on that flop after MP has already cold called with just ace high. You have to call the turn because of the gutshot and spade draw of course, but I don't want to put more than one bet into this pot.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2 questions: you're making this fold on the basis of some sort of read that he's not reckless etc., right? and is that read more than just his taggy preflop numbers?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is important. I dont believe in big folds only because PT-stats tell u to do it. I have done some pretty stupid moves because stats tell me he is a certain kind of player. Also, if I was doing this on a pure stat-read, I would prefer 22/15, not 30/20. There are more players in the later group that overestimate the possibilitie to bluff people out (maybe they are NL-player?) and decide preflop that they are betting this all way.

Some players never get out of line, but pot is 18BB and without knowing this guy I would call river.

One of the few reads I always take a note on is when a player is capable of multistreets-bluffs.