Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Flopping Mid Pair with double end draw. Push call fold?

Stars 11$ Rebuy 25k gauranteed
Ok well I put some money into my stars account to give it a try. Man the people on here are sooo lose. Im talking thousands of chips being bet when the blinds are 50/100 !

Well here is the hand, this guy was very loose.
Blinds 50/100
Hero (4d4h) on CO. Folded around to me
Hero makes it 450,(8000); SB=Villian calls 450 (10k) BB folds

Flop(2h3d5c); Pot (1000)
Villan bets 600, BB folds, Hero Calls.

Turn(10h) Pot (2200)
Villan bets 900, Hero raises 2000, Villan reraises all in, Hero calls.

River (Qd).
Hero loses to villan who has A10.

On these types of flops do I push on the flop, or wait till the turn. I was prertty sure the villan didnt have anything but he was very loose aggressive. It was costing me another 4400 to call his turn bet to a pot with 12k in it. I figured i would be ahead of him more than 30% of the time because he was sooo LAG. I had underbet him before when I was slowplaying Aces and he has reraised all in with Mid Pair low kicker. Not really sure what the right thing to do on these types of flops.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Flopping Mid Pair with double end draw. Push call fold?

Why raise preflop here? Blinds are meaningless compared to your stack size. Just limp and hope for the set. These guys are loose and can't fold. Keep the pot small. Don't go broke early with marginal holdings.

Flop would have had 400 in it, villain would have bet 300 and you'd raise to 850 and take it down. If you get resistance after that you have to figure your 4s are no good and evaluate your odds of hitting the straight on each street.

You shouldn't be thinking of pushing or calling a push at any time during this hand unless you make the straight.