Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Crappy hand roped into a monster pot

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (24.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero...?

What a river card. What would you do here? How would you have played this hand differently?
Old 08-04-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Crappy hand roped into a monster pot

I would fold pre flop, but that is just me. I can not see calling a full bet with 82 suited.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold pre flop, but that is just me. I can not see calling a full bet with 82 suited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify, you mean you'd complete and then fold or would you not complete at all? If it's the first one, I considered a fold, but I tend to go by the 'never fold to a single pre-flop raise once you've called the blind' motto.

feh
Old 08-05-2005, 12:04 AM

Ouch. MP1 and Co wake up on the flop. Then UTG+2 on the turn. I'd assume my flush draw is not good here and fold the flop.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:05 AM

Was just about to say "easy bet" and then noticed that the board paired. Ugh. This is one where I think bet-fold is the correct line.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ouch. MP1 and Co wake up on the flop. Then UTG+2 on the turn. I'd assume my flush draw is not good here and fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you'd assume someone had a higher flush draw? If not, I was drawing to the best possible hand, as long as the board didn't pair.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you'd assume someone had a higher flush draw? If not, I was drawing to the best possible hand, as long as the board didn't pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. An 8 high flush doesn't look that good with all the action.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to put someone on two higher suited cards than mine. It just doesn't happen often enough to be worth worrying about, IMO.

Of course, I'm the one asking and you're the one advising, sooo....
Old 08-05-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is serious MUBS. One raiser, maybe, but there's no way anybody's playing a flush draw this hard on the flop AND turn.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify, you mean you'd complete and then fold or would you not complete at all? If it's the first one, I considered a fold, but I tend to go by the 'never fold to a single pre-flop raise once you've called the blind' motto.

feh

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably would not compete but it is not a bad play. I have the same motto but when I complete with crap I am probably going to make an exception.