Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 01:06 AM

Default 13-card wrap + nut low draw on turn, can I raise? (LO8)

1/2 Omaha Hi/lo, 6-max

Dealt to Hero [ J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]

UTG calls, Hero raises, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]

BB bets, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls

** Dealing Turn ** : [ 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]

BB bets, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls

** Dealing River ** : [ K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]

BB bets, UTG folds, Hero raises, Button folds, BB calls.

** Summary **
Main Pot: $27.50 | Rake: $1

Board: [ 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]

Hero balance $60.37, bet $9, collected $27.50, net +$18.50 [ J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ] [ a straight, ten to ace -- A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]

BB balance $61.16, lost $9 [ 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ] [ a straight, nine to king -- K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Old 08-08-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: 13-card wrap + nut low draw on turn, can I raise? (LO8)

i probably would have limped preflop, maybe raised the turn, but nice hand.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:19 AM

I like the preflop raise in this game. I'd raise the turn because all of your draws are to the nuts. UTG and BB will call your raise, as may Button with some kind of inferior draw. You are only winning half of this pot with low, but chances of being quartered in 1/2 6-max compare favorably to getting paid off by worse hands, IMO. ~13 high scoops + ~20-25 low splits is a good deal to me.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:25 PM

I bet 100% of the time. You most likely aren't quartered. There are 10 cards that give you 100% of the pot (assuming there are no other straights splitting the high), Another 19 cards give you at least 1/2 the pot, and only a quarter of the deck gives you no money.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:19 PM

At a 6-max table, I bet/raise this hand on every round.

I raise the flop since there's only 12 cards I don't want to see, a duece or pairing the board. Everything else helps one way or both.

Aggression pays off very well at the 1/2 6-max level.
Still, nh...