Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2005, 04:58 PM

Default my wsop elimination hand

this was my first wsop event (hopefully not last). unfortunately i was eliminated on the 1st day and of course have been reliving that hand ever since. i believe i have found my greatest mistake in my elimination hand, but wanted an outside opinion.

It was about 5 hours into the tourney and i had roughly 10,000 to 11,000 chips, approx. 4th or 5th at my table. the table had been generally conservative throughout. well, we lost one of our players and they moved david williams into the seat to my left w/ about 20,000 chips. david was immediately in aggressive mode, taking down a lot of uncontested pots. about 30 minutes after david was seated at our table, i was in the sb and, of course, he was the bb. the table folded to me. i look and find kq suited (spades). the blinds are 100/200. i raise to 500. david reraises me to 1500. i immediately think that he thinks i'm trying to steal his blinds (this was the first occassion that he and i were the only ones left at the table when we were the blinds). i flat call. the flop comes qc7s3d. with my top pair and 3000 in pot already, i lead w/ 1500. david comes over the top for 3500 more. i'm still thinking he thinks i'm stealing and he's going to be the one pushing on someone he knows is an amatuer and someone that knows who he is. i push all in. the 3500 raise and approx. 4000 more. he quickly calls with aa. i catch a 4th spade on the turn but failed to catch a k,q, or spade on the river.

i was sick. i never fell below our starting chip count the whole day and actually led our table for a long while. but then lost it all in one hand.

i feel i found my key error in this hand. any comments.

thanks