Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 06:14 AM

Default Playerview dependency

I was 4 tabling 5/10 earlier today when a funny thing happened. My playerview froze to the point where I knew I would have to reboot my computer to restart it. The problem was I was in a couple good games that I didn't want to leave. So I tried playing w/o playerview, but I was like a deer lost in the headlights. I have become so used to it as a crutch that I actually felt uncomfortable playing on those "naked" screens. So I rebooted my computer and called it a night. I just thought it was funny when I realized I was so used to using playerview that it felt extremely awkward to play without it, not to mention the fact that I seem to have completely lost the ability to make reads on players w/o it (which is kind of hard by itself when you are 4 tabling)
Old 08-01-2005, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Playerview dependency

I don't know if I'm stupid or not but I'm currently playing without PV or GT+ hoping to improve my player reads and hand reading. Sure, I miss not having the exact PFR, VP$IP and AF but you get a pretty good feel for them anyway and you get other more specific reads too. Wouldn't want to 4-table though... or even 3-table. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2005, 06:30 AM

You probably just had a bad run of situations. Surely you have some default plays that are still at least marginally profitable?
Old 08-01-2005, 07:15 AM

Actually it was more of a comfort thing than anything else. Like you implied, most plays are more or less default. But there are some ones where Playerview is very helpful. Like knowing whether to 3 bet or fold to a PF raiser w/ AJ, or when you button raise, whether or not to respect a 3 bet from the big blind. (Interestingly enough, in this situation I would respect the 3 bet of a loose fish a lot more than a 25/20 tight aggressive, who I know from experience could be making this play very light as they are figuring my button raise is light)