Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 07:48 PM

Default 18 Player $100 Buy In Tournament - Difficult Situation

Bunch of us from around the area had this game planned out for nearly a month now. Some decent poker players, but this is relatively high staked for us. We usually have 2-3 games a week of about 30 bucks, but we had this one planned for a while.

Anyway, I just got home, busted out a few minutes ago. We had been playing for a little over three hours and I had yet to win a hand. Let me tell you, I had the coldest three hours of cards in my life. My best hand was AJ which I folded pre flop because of a UTG raise and call. I was pretty sure it was the right lay down even when the ace flopped. The two other guys had JJ and AK, so I was drawing pretty slim, lol. The good thing was I had only lost my blinds over this three hour period of time, plus one limp with a small PP with a bunch of other limpers, so i still stood around $85.

Now to my question. I was the dealer in this situation, and had KK. The short stack UTG went all in for his last $16. Blinds at this point were $1/$2. A few folded, and then someone had called. Two more folded, and then I look down and see KK. I thought about it for a while, and actually considered the fact that he could have AA. Anyways, I figured these were the best cards I had seen all day, and the pot was big now, and I lose to one hand, so I push all in, and I'm called by AA.

The flop comes three hearts, which gave me a K high flush draw, but him also a A high flush draw. We both hit hour flush on the turn and then I was drawing dead.

Can anyone figure out something different I could've tried to do this hand to not go bust on it, but still playing it somewhat correctly? Obviously I could've thought more and possibly laid down KK pre flop (which I have done before), but I didn't beacuse it was a nice size pot already and I had seen garbage all day.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: 18 Player $100 Buy In Tournament - Difficult Situation

Posted in wrong forum. Please post this in beginners forum.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:56 PM

Haha, [censored] you
Old 07-30-2005, 07:57 PM

So by "card dead"...you mean you haven't seen AA in three hours?
Old 07-30-2005, 07:57 PM

After thinking about it myself, if I had just min raised, he probably would've come over the top of me, and at that point I could've folded, it just would've cost me an extra $20 to do so....so that's one solution.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:59 PM

You can't fold KK preflop in that type of topurnament.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:00 PM

Please...tell me this is a joke.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me tell you, I had the coldest three hours of cards in my life. My best hand was AJ which I folded pre flop because of a UTG raise and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever someone says this, it tells me they are most likely very predictable weak tight players, or maybe weak semi-tight or weak loose players.

Everybody gets "cold cards", and "hot cards" for that matter, from the greats to the minnows.

Making something from nothing in marginal situations, and optimizing good situations is what separates winning players from losing players.

Yes? No? Maybe?
Old 07-30-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please...tell me this is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-30-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let me tell you, I had the coldest three hours of cards in my life. My best hand was AJ which I folded pre flop because of a UTG raise and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever someone says this, it tells me they are most likely very predictable weak tight players, or maybe weak semi-tight or weak loose players.

Everybody gets "cold cards", and "hot cards" for that matter, from the greats to the minnows.

Making something from nothing in marginal situations, and optimizing good situations is what separates winning players from losing players.

Yes? No? Maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah.