Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 02:04 AM

Default ev of pockets eights flopping full houses

I don't know if the poker gods are toying with me, or is there something to all of this....

Anyway, over the past two days, I have had my pocket eights busted by a better full house four times.

Here is the lowdown

Me: Pocket Eights is LP

VS:

K8K- 9- 10

Winning hand KTo

T8T- x- T

Winning hand KK (how I wish they were suited)

98Q (all clubs, I bet and reraise against a bluffer) - Q- K

Winning hand KQ spade (this one hurt the most: 20 bb)

T8T- 2- x

Oh you guessed it, the pot was split between T2o and T2s, how can I ever win against Brunson and his protege.

Of coarse, I play these things pretty darn aggressively, I mean, a full house, but the river is killing me

So anyway, when I look down and see two eights, (in the tradition of finding patterns were none exist, they all have been the same color) I start feeling a bit clammy inside, because these things have been the fall of me. I probably give off plenty of tells of a bluff when I hold these things.

But anyway, what is the EV of pocket 8s, and what should I expect from all of the above, or myriad of other situations. I swear that I am going to start mucking these things.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: ev of pockets eights flopping full houses

.5/1 Pot Limit Omaha at Prima

After folding 57 hands I pick up A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] from UTG. I pot it. And everyone folds! What the [cenzored]!
Old 07-31-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

After folding 57 hands I pick up A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] from UTG. I pot it. And everyone folds! What the [cenzored]!

[/ QUOTE ]

that what happenes when you fold 57 str8 hands, people see your waiting for close to the nuts or the nuts and wont play with you, you will never win this way.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that what happenes when you fold 57 str8 hands, people see your waiting for close to the nuts or the nuts and wont play with you, you will never win this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.. good reply. Very true.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:57 AM

This is an awesome thread and clearly should be stickied, but I've decided I'm going to lock it instead.

Rob
Closed Thread