Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 05:23 AM

Default 2/4 Bottom two in BB but SB pushes...

Empire 400NL full ring. Villain (22/2/1.8) has $420 and I have him covered.

I get 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB

folds around to poster, who checks. SB completes, I check.

Flop (3way) is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet $11. Other guy folds. SB raises to $40. I raise to $110. SB pushes. I fold.

Comments?
Old 07-30-2005, 05:29 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Bottom two in BB but SB pushes...

both of the hands you've posted recently belong in the other forum.

fim
Old 07-30-2005, 05:38 AM

Fimbulwinter,

I am still quite confused as to which forum to post in. Some people say this one, some say the other one. I have seen other posters post 2/4 NL hands in this forum and nobody has said anything to them.

In the other forum it is very difficult to get decent help unless one of the handful of good posters like yourself helps us out. It's useless to have a 25NL or 50NL player post on what to do on my hand. The two games are completely different.

I feel 2/4 NL is much more similar to 5/10 NL than .25/.5 NL, which seems to be around what the majority of posters in SSNL play.

I'm noticing a rather big difference in play between 200NL and 400NL so I was hoping to get some help up here. I also remember other players such as fsuplayer and others used to post 2/4 hands before they moved up. Dare I say if they were forced to post in SSNL, they might not have made it...

Maybe this is a simple fold and not too advanced of a play. I just moved up to this level today so I wanted to make sure. Sorry.

Basically what you're saying is there is no forum here for me. I certainly wasn't getting the help I needed even when I was playing 200NL on the other one, let alone the 400.

Great.

Ryan
Old 07-30-2005, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Empire 400NL full ring. Villain (22/2/1.8) has $420 and I have him covered.

I get 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB

folds around to poster, who checks. SB completes, I check.

Flop (3way) is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet $11. Other guy folds. SB raises to $40. I raise to $110. SB pushes. I fold.

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given how you played it, i think a fold is pretty easy.

I really don't like the threebet on the flop after you get checkraised hard here, especially given the opponent's stats.

fim
Old 07-30-2005, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fimbulwinter,

I am still quite confused as to which forum to post in. Some people say this one, some say the other one. I have seen other posters post 2/4 NL hands in this forum and nobody has said anything to them.

In the other forum it is very difficult to get decent help unless one of the handful of good posters like yourself helps us out. It's useless to have a 25NL or 50NL player post on what to do on my hand. The two games are completely different.

I feel 2/4 NL is much more similar to 5/10 NL than .25/.5 NL, which seems to be around what the majority of posters in SSNL play.

I'm noticing a rather big difference in play between 200NL and 400NL so I was hoping to get some help up here. I also remember other players such as fsuplayer and others used to post 2/4 hands before they moved up. Dare I say if they were forced to post in SSNL, they might not have made it...

Maybe this is a simple fold and not too advanced of a play. I just moved up to this level today so I wanted to make sure. Sorry.

Basically what you're saying is there is no forum here for me. I certainly wasn't getting the help I needed even when I was playing 200NL on the other one, let alone the 400.

Great.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to get into this with yet another poster.

If you'd like to post these hands here, nobody will get mad at you about it, however i think you may have failed to consider the fact that those in SSNL playing 25 and 50 would benefit greatly from having this level of play up for analysis. I can assure you that if you took such hands and kept then in SSNL you would have my input and the input of many other ex-SSNL'ers who now play higher.

As for the "nature of the game" argument, you know that's silly. some of the hands i play in my 5/10 game are more silly than those posted by people playing the $2NL games. If we put Ray Zee and Gift of Gab HU at a $25NL table, i'd certainly want to read about every hand in MHPLNL.

fim
Old 07-30-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Results

I folded and Villain showed 43o for the flopped straight. Guess he'll complete anything in the SB.

Ryan