Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 08:59 AM

Default Live 2-4 NLHE

Just a newbie, so forgive me if I'm posting something that's been beaten to death here. (Point me to the correct thread if it has.)

2-4 live NLHE Mandalay Bay. Loose,passive. Lot's of tourists (Hero included.) All relevant players with approximately $200.

Hero is UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] raises to 15.

MP calls. MP2 Calls. Blinds fold.

Flop. A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets 50. MP1 Folds. MP 2 Thinks for a very long time before calling.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero is first to act . . . What to do?
Old 07-30-2005, 09:04 AM

Default Re: Live 2-4 NLHE

I like pushing here since a AQ-10 will have a hard time calling. It feels like he has a weak ace.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:05 AM

I really think that this is read dependant. It this guy a loose tourist here for a good time. Or some kid who thinks he will win the wsop and can laydown an ace. There is no point trying to make a drunk torunist fold AJ, it wont happen. Against that type of player, I`d bet 55 or so, giving you a cheaper draw, and who knows he might fold. Against a nitty player, id move allin here
Old 07-30-2005, 10:32 AM

He was definately not a nit. And I did almost exactly what you said I bet 75, watched him play with his chips for an eternity before he finally called. River brought another diamond. All-in. Another spat of chip-fiddling and soul-searching. He calls. Shows A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Nice outcome for me, but I was wondering how often he would have to fold to make pushing on the turn correct here? About 30% maybe?