Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2005, 03:02 AM

Default A 10/20 KQs shortstack question and more general thoughts...

10/20 prima,

1 limper to me and I make it 100 to go with KQs, I have a very good, tight image. SB (800), not good, calls, as does limper.

Pot is 300ish, flop comes 442, 1 heart (I have hearts), checked to me, I bet around pot, SB minraises me, other guy folds.

I am 100% sure he does not have a 4. I very rarely fold this, a majority of the time I put the short stack all in. 800 is probably the largest stack size I'd be willing to do this with. I also don't do it if the shortstack has been playing extremely tight, this is mostly against donk short stacks. A large part of the time I see a mid pair, but a good part of the time I see a variety of things. A very small part of the time they fold. Does anyone routinely fold this? I figure the slight -ev edge I may have is made up for getting more action from other big stacks when they see me do this with a short stack...yes/no? I don't see calling as an option since it leaves you getting sick odds on the turn, might as well pump it now and suck out. Chip spewing?