Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Good gamble or reckless?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter

UTG+1 (t1483)
MP1 (t1171)
MP2 (t785)
CO (t1566)
Hero (t740)
SB (t827)
BB (t713)
UTG (t715)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (t135) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets t75</font>, Hero calls t75, BB calls t75, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (t360) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets t200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t635 (All-In)</font>

I have 12 outs to the nut flush or straight and Aces might be additional outs. I also have some FE that might chase out a AJ that could beat me if an Ace comes on the river. So, in the middle of the first level should I call and save half my stack or was my push good?
Old 07-27-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Good gamble or reckless?

I like to push. Like you said, so many outs, and you can pick up the pot right there a lot of times.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:52 PM

The stacks aren't deep enough to make the flop call IMO. Since you did, I like the turn push if you think the Villian will fire two barrels with less than TPGK, or is capable of folding TPGK.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The stacks aren't deep enough to make the flop call IMO. Since you did, I like the turn push if you think the Villian will fire two barrels with less than TPGK, or is capable of folding TPGK.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I think the flop call is bad,the turn push is good
Old 07-27-2005, 05:41 PM

With betting on the 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], you look like you are pushing a FD, and I wouldn't expect much fold equity. Also with BB yet to act it doesnt seem terrible to call the turn and see what comes. With two people in the pot its more likely somone has better then top pair, which means you have much fewer outs.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:02 PM

I don't like the preflop call or the flop call, and I doubt you're going to get both villains to fold very often. You have a lot of outs though, so it's certainly not a terrible push.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:05 PM

I would classify this as not so much reckless but ridiculous and suicidal. A queen is calling you here.

Might I ask why you called the flop bet?
Old 07-27-2005, 07:18 PM

The preflop call is a must, don't listen to people who tell you otherwise. I don't like the flop call. I also don't like your push. With only one card to come, you are way behind, and your push isn't enough to get the opponent to fold. Just let go of your flush draw+gutshot.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The preflop call is a must, don't listen to people who tell you otherwise. I don't like the flop call. I also don't like your push. With only one card to come, you are way behind, and your push isn't enough to get the opponent to fold. Just let go of your flush draw+gutshot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain why this preflop call is a must. I tend to fold this preflop without thinking.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain why this preflop call is a must. I tend to fold this preflop without thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're in position behind limpers with ATs. Folding this (and anything reasonable) would be horrible. Hitting two pair or better = someone's stack. 2 overs + a flush draw is also worth chips to you if you play aggressively.

Plus, cuz of your position, you can get free cards on the flop, you can play TP better.

Folding this preflop for so little of your stack is completely awful, about as awful as that flop call.