Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Who is your favourite guitar shredder?

Although it is close between Randy Rhoads, George Lynch and Jake E. Lee I have to go with Jake. He took a lot of guff after stepping into Randys' place with Ozzy (Bark at teh Moon rocked- Ultimate Sin blew) but his work with Badlands is one of hard rocks best kept secrets.

Unique, complex riffs and rippin' solos.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Who is your favourite guitar shredder?

Everyone who knows anything about the electrified geetar knows full well that the only correct response to this question is one word:

Dime.

The leads on Trendkill in particular are like some sort of reinvention of the genre. Freakin terrifying.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone who knows anything about the electrified geetar knows full well that the only correct response to this question is one word:

Dime.

The leads on Trendkill in particular are like some sort of reinvention of the genre. Freakin terrifying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that Dimebag Darryl? If not- who? What band?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Dime.

[/ QUOTE ]

INCORRECT.

Correct Answer: Yngwie J. Malmsteen. motherfucker

rj
Old 07-27-2005, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dime.

[/ QUOTE ]

INCORRECT.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw Yngwie in a small club once about five feet away. Unfuckingbelievable. It was more like a clinic than a concert. We just stood there with our mouths open.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dime.

[/ QUOTE ]

INCORRECT.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw Yngwie in a small club once about five feet away. Unfuckingbelievable. It was more like a clinic than a concert. We just stood there with our mouths open.

[/ QUOTE ]

the yngwie instructional video is the coolest thing ive ever seen in my life, hands down. the best is how he acts during the video. okay, so this is how you do this riff ::does most insane riff youve ever heard:: now you try...uhhhhh...?

rj
Old 07-27-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the yngwie instructional video is the coolest thing ive ever seen in my life, hands down. the best is how he acts during the video. okay, so this is how you do this riff ::does most insane riff youve ever heard:: now you try...uhhhhh...?

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite thing about that vid (I watched it early in my guitar playing years)... he plays a riff, then... he stops, and says, "Now..... I play slow for you..." to about 140 bpm it seemed like at the time....

I remember thinking... "WTF?"
Old 07-27-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I first heard of him in an Onion article. It said he was changing his middle name to 'Fcuking' because of the oft-used phrase, "Who do you think you are, Yngwie Fcuking Malmsteen?"

Had to check with a coworker to verify he was for real [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 01:19 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dime.

[/ QUOTE ]

INCORRECT.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked Yngwie's rythym playing alot more than his soloing. His soloing is a bit boring to me. Same thing every song it seems. Sweep this, sweep that, blah blah.

He does have some cool tunes. Even though he is one of rocks biggest A-Holes.

Him and Dio ought to get together and see who can out-ego each other.

b
Old 07-27-2005, 01:38 PM

I don't know, I never liked Yngwie. Practice yer scales at home, I say. Too Damn Much.
I love Randy Rhoads and Zakk Wylde (always liked Wylde better than Jake E. Lee but honestly, that may just be because I liked the songs from No Rest For The Wicked better than anything off Bark at the Moon or Ultimate Sin. Ultimate Sin is my least favorite Ozzy album (at least until after No More Tears.))
Eddie Van Halen has to get the "pioneer" nod. I may be talking out my a*s as I don't know who Eddie's influences were.
What about Marty Friedman from Megadeth? Rust In Peace has some sick stuff.