Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 03:44 AM

Default stats analysis

170 hands played
nl 25 (6 max) -->

+78.10

135.50 minutes ~ 2 hours 15 minutes
-------

78.10 / 2.25 = +34.71 / 1 hour

other statistics
------------------

hands won --> 20%
showdowns won --> 63%

flops seen --> 39%
win % if flops seen --> 41%

hey, i know i don't have pokertracker and this is a small sample and whack stats. but i'd like to have some objective analysis from stats if you guys could help me out. 39% preflop is very high for a normal game. i'm not sure about nl 25. i find it curious that i win 41% of flops seen, greater % than even seeing the flop. is this weird? showdowns won %? i am pretty sure that i played quite well (for my decent [at best] standards) today except for a few hands. i'm wondering how it looks on a stats sheet

ps... is pokertracker really good? and could somebody guide me step by step when i get it how to use it, implement it on party, and take complete advantage of the program. i know this is asking a lot, but hey we're all friends

if you lend me a hand here, i could do some sort of favor for you later... although i dunno what kind...
Old 07-28-2005, 03:57 AM

Default Re: stats analysis

You need way way more hands.. and get pokertracker... sorry dude, but if you're serious about poker (and you are if you post on a forum), get pokertracker.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:10 AM

Most posters on this forum won't help you "step by step" to set up PokerTracker. You'll have to use the PokerTracker forum like everyone else. It's a pain in the ass to get everything going, especially if you're using GameTime+.

And from the stats you've given, there's absolutely no way in hell anyone could give you any notion of how good you are. 10k hands is about where you'll start to see some real results, but even 10k really isn't near enough.

Buy poker books, play lots and lots and lots and lots of hands, GET pokertracker, be ready for a rough ride.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:12 AM

This seems like a good session. Normally I would say seeing 39% of flops is too loose, but here recently I have been getting flamed for saying tight things. So I'll withhold comment on that figure. The others seem good to me, especially the win% when you see the flop.

Right at this moment on Party $50 NL I have played 446 hands, won 8% won 85% of my showdowns, saw the flop 23%, and won 35% when I saw the flop, and I am up $104. All things considered, I'd rather have your stats--it looks like a faster win rate than mine, for instance.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:17 AM

Can you win at 40% VPIP? Probably. Is it optimal? No.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:23 AM

if that was a party poker "saw flops," figure of 39%, then his volunteering % is a bit lower. But, even so, were I not risking another flaming, I would (cautiously) advocate tightening up; "cautiously advocate it because this was only one session, and who knows whether there was a good run in there). The others are right about PT for sure.