Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Poker Stars Satellites

Ok, I'm a bit of a PS ignoramus, so hopefully you guys can enlighten me.

Basically it sounds like PS has a (superior) system where as opposed to winning seats, you win tourney bucks on sats.

So does that mean that any sat you enter just award X amount of tourney bucks? There's no "seat" tournaments specifically?

If so, what are some juicy (low buy in, max $40) sats to try out on stars? I'd love to give some of their big tourneys a try. The cash games have been horrible to me there. ;>
Old 07-27-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Poker Stars Satellites

No you win a seat but can "unregister" and be awarded T$ from the weekly Sunday tourny or W$ from any of the WCOOP events, WSOP events or the WPT events.

W$ can only be used in the "w" tournies but T$ can be used in any tourney, or Sng.

You can also sell T$ or W$ for cash simply by emailing support. I think the rate is something like 190$ for 215 T$.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Poker Stars Satellites

[ QUOTE ]
No you win a seat but can "unregister" and be awarded T$ from the weekly Sunday tourny or W$ from any of the WCOOP events, WSOP events or the WPT events.

W$ can only be used in the "w" tournies but T$ can be used in any tourney, or Sng.

You can also sell T$ or W$ for cash simply by emailing support. I think the rate is something like 190$ for 215 T$.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I'd add here is that you need to find another party to buy/sell before emailing Stars support. Shouldn't be too hard though.