Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 02:35 PM

Default 1/2\'s Sorta Tight This Time of Day...

Tables been a little tight. The guy on my left is supposedly very tight.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (16.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB
Old 07-26-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: 1/2\'s Sorta Tight This Time of Day...

I probably raise the river; MP2's play reeks of trip Ks with a lower kicker (spefically KQ, maybe AK). Of course, he could have boated up (although I figure he would cap the flop or do something before the river if he had kings up or a set). Maybe he has an FPS problem and you got burninated.

-K
Old 07-26-2005, 02:49 PM

Bam. Right in the face! Still laugh at that Kumubou.

Anyway, your hand. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you guys split with AK.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:56 PM

MP2 has to have a king with that play, and odds are you have a better kicker with that Ace. I think I reraise the river there.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:01 PM

if i had to make a really strange guess i'd say our villian has AQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and flopped a gutshot, BDFD and overcard and tried to raise for a free card. called the turn for overcalls and raises the river. but since that's so unlikely i'd probably 3bet the river and figure to be good about 80% of the time, because that one hand is about the only thing i can think of we're losing to (and TT i suppose) JJ doesnt raise the flop i dont think, and probably caps pf
Old 07-26-2005, 03:04 PM

think he has the case K and is thinking that its unlikely that you have it too. i would reraise. he probably wanted to scare you a little bit when the BD flush fell.
wondering what UTG has.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:45 PM

what is the point of reraising this river exactly? maybe i have MUBS due to an extented downswing, but you have a community 3 of a kind (anybody can get a piece) on a board of flush, straight, and boat possibilities. i'd rather just see the showdown thank you very much.