Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 12:37 PM

Default \"I called because I was bluffing.\"

Someone said that to me yesterday at the table, and I almost fell off my chair laughing. He was dead serious too.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: \"I called because I was bluffing.\"

I had that happen at one of my games a while back. It was the same guy who a couple of months before that folded pocket aces preflop to an all in, because he thought he was beat. He hasn't been back in a year or so. I wish there were more of them around.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:54 PM

so he called with nothing because he knew the guy was bluffing? i don't get it?
Old 07-24-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so he called with nothing because he knew the guy was bluffing? i don't get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

noooo, he called "as a bluff" it seems. which makes 0 sense. rad. sometimes i make donation calls, but i never term it to be a bluff, haha.

rj
Old 07-24-2005, 06:37 PM

Yeah, this guy just called the flop, just called the turn, and then just called the river, and then just mucked his cards and said "you win." When his opponent looked with his "wtf" expression, the guy said, "I called because I was bluffing."
Old 07-24-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this guy just called the flop, just called the turn, and then just called the river, and then just mucked his cards and said "you win." When his opponent looked with his "wtf" expression, the guy said, "I called because I was bluffing."

[/ QUOTE ]lmao
Old 07-24-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i forgot the best story ive ever had regarding this exact issue. the only time ive been to vegas i was playing the excaliber 1/2 100nl game and there was the drunkest guy ive ever seen playing in the 8 seat. he was calling everyone down with complete garbage no matter what. One hand they got to the river on a AAQ65 board and the 9 seat pushes out 60 dollars in chips. folded to seat 8 who pushes in 60 chips and his cards for a fold at the same time. he claims he called but he lost, so take his money. i was perplexed. of course i was more perplexed when he open pushed 3 hands later and it was folded to me, i had aces and called. he showed 63o and the board of K2594 gave him the win, bummer.

rj
Old 07-24-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i forgot the best story ive ever had regarding this exact issue. the only time ive been to vegas i was playing the excaliber 1/2 100nl game and there was the drunkest guy ive ever seen playing in the 8 seat. he was calling everyone down with complete garbage no matter what. One hand they got to the river on a AAQ65 board and the 9 seat pushes out 60 dollars in chips. folded to seat 8 who pushes in 60 chips and his cards for a fold at the same time. he claims he called but he lost, so take his money. i was perplexed. of course i was more perplexed when he open pushed 3 hands later and it was folded to me, i had aces and called. he showed 63o and the board of K2594 gave him the win, bummer.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

so he mucked his cards and then put $60 in the pot? nice.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:33 AM

This happened at a friend of mines home game.

This guy bet the river and was raised. He called and turned over 9 high or something odd. Everyone said what the hell are you calling with? He said "I was bluffing" and was dead serious.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone said that to me yesterday at the table, and I almost fell off my chair laughing. He was dead serious too.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL LOL LOL ROTFLMAO.

I was playing a 3/6 game at bally's. there was a guy who was really drunk at the table. he bets. two people call everyone else folds. the drunk guy raises. The dealer had to explain to him that "you can't raise yourself". The table was hysterical.