Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 08:57 AM

Default Interesting 88 hand

The table is pretty loose in general. Villain is loose-passive but capable of betting overcards.
Preflop: I would have raised this if there were only 2 players in before me. As there was no chance to get this HU I just called.

Flop: I didn`t think I could fold overcards on this table with a single bet and was pretty certain somebody in late position would come out betting this flop. Still - I am pretty unsure if going for a c/r was correct.

Turn: A good card for me. If raised I would have folded. If not I am ahead.

River: Nice. I hope to get called.

What do you think?
Comments on all streets appreciated.

Absolute Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Button calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB
Old 07-23-2005, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Interesting 88 hand

I like the check raise here. You need to find out early what is out there. I think vilian will only re-raise if he has 2pr or better given he is passive. His call tells you at best he has a pair of tens and could be holding a hand like KT, QT, JT, or less. As a minimum I think he has part of the flop maybe holding Ax and hit the 3 or 5 as well. And as you noted he could also have over cards and bet them given everyone checked to him. I bet the turn and river as well
Old 07-23-2005, 09:44 AM

with only 2 limpers, I'm raising this PF in this spot

I don't like the flop C/R, there was no sign that anybody would bet, it would require one hell of a read to know button would bet.

Betting out is much more reliable a method, as the pot was unraised PF, and you are already allowing overcards unprofitable odds to call. (1:6.8 is breakeven odds to catch on turn assuming clean overs)

The rest I like.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:59 AM

how about c/c the river. i dont think leading out does any good, since he is never going to call on this board without beating you. He might even fold A5 on this. by checking we might induce a bluff.
i like the flop line
Old 07-23-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how about c/c the river. i dont think leading out does any good, since he is never going to call on this board without beating you. He might even fold A5 on this. by checking we might induce a bluff.
i like the flop line

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think so.
There`s a decent chance he might want to see what I have with no more than A-high. At least that`s my experience with players like this
Old 07-25-2005, 10:05 PM

On second look I would agree with betting out vs checking. Given that he defined the villan as "passive" he is better off betting out.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like the flop line

[/ QUOTE ]

If I know Villain is reasonably aggressive, I don't mind a c/c here. 2 of the 3 pairs that villain may have been betting have boated up now, so he doesn't have much left to be calling with. He might get scared off if he doesn't have it and he's surely raising if he does. Plus, he is more likely to bluff this scary of a river.

edit: RGW is right about raising pf and leading the flop IMHO.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:54 PM

step 1: raise pf
step 2: bet flop, turn, river until shown aggression
step 3: profit
Old 07-25-2005, 11:03 PM

*grunch*
I like you play all around. The c/r on the flop was absolutely necessary to eliminate BB and UTG.