Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Live 2-5 Hand

Guy on my right is one of the loosest players I have ever seen. He would limp with ANY hand and typically call a 4xBB raise with any two cards over 7. He was showing me a couple hands where after the flop, he would catch bottom pair, and just complain how hard it was to fold to the $50 bet and a call from two players. When he got bored he would raise in early position with any two.

UTG+2 I was dealt AQo. UTG (my buddy described above) raises it to $25 dollars. I call. Adding up the betting patterns he had $192 in front of him. I had above $500. Everyone folds.

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He leads out with $25 dollars. Looking back his previous betting patterns he missed. I reach for chips and he makes the comment "You want to dance let's dance". Now I know I have to make a move, but I figure all-in would be too strong. I bumped him $40. He and the guy to his right start chatting on what an 'interesting raise that was'.

Turn is the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks. Pot is at $187. I ask for his chip count and raise him all-in. He thinks for a few moments, then flips the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] over his other card. He says "If you have the king you have me" so I guess that means he put me on AK. He eventually folds showing AJo. I tell him 'good fold' and take the pot.

How's my line? Should I have bet less on the turn? I figure an amount like $50 would have been called, and then also getting him all-in on the river. But I just didn't want to mess if he was drawing to the flush (or straight cuz he would call most $50 bets with a gutshot).

Thoughts? Sorry for the length.