Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Nervous when I am winning, stubborn when I lose

Just looking for a little bit of feedback. I probably already know the answer but the implementation seems hard for me to follow through with.

Basically it is this. I get up early in a session (online 3-tabling). Say I am up 30BB after 250 hands, with another 250 to play to fill my daily hand quota. For the net 1.25 hours, I amm constantly looking at the computer clock. I know what am doing so I focus very hard on not going passive, which in turn sometimes makes me overaggressive. I also start looking for any excuse to leave the table and start a new one.

The other half of the problem is when I am stuck. Not stuck huge but let's say 10-15BB. I will find excuses to stay at that particular table instead of switching. Things like "Well there is a player who plays half of his hands 4 seats to my right.". Even if the rest of the table has filled up with TAGs and is probably no longer as good as it was, and there is definetly a better table out there.

Also When I lose I am more likely to play a 575-700 hand session, rather than my typical 475-550 hand session when I am winning or having an average day.

Any suggestions or ideas from people who have dealt with a simaliar mindset are welcome.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Nervous when I am winning, stubborn when I lose

Create some rules customized to your temperament and risk tolerance that directly address these issues.

Write them down. Print them out. Tape them on the wall directly in front of your face.

Honor them.

Honoring Agreements