Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 01:37 AM

Default MTT $1+.2 on stars. AQo gets LRR

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...amp;hand=89161

Down to 18. 7 get paid. Buy-in is $1+.2. Blinds are 75/150 and going up in 3 minutes. I have no read on the LPP because I'm not really paying attention to the game.

I've had people tell people to fold and I think this is not correct just based on the fact that the guy needs to have AA a decent number of times for my call of 450 into a pot of 1875 (2325 after I call) to be incorrect.

Thoughts?
Old 07-18-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Re: MTT $1+.2 on stars. AQo gets LRR

I think its fold or push. You'd be committing close to 1/3 of your chips by calling here. Pushing makes your post-flop decisions much easier and puts the pressure on your opponent. You're either going to be dominating AJ, flipping vs JJ/TT, or atleast a 2-1 dog vs any other reasonable holding.

Personally, I think I might fold here, you still look to be in decent shape and you'd still have close to 20 BBs.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: MTT $1+.2 on stars. AQo gets LRR

Fold or push for you here. I personally would lay it down and wait for a little better spot. However, with this being a 1 dollar tourney you could prolly see a re raise with KJs/o QJs/o and AJs/o. Then again you may be completly dominated. Did you have any reads on the re raiser?