Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 01:53 PM

Default 5/10 TPTK from the SB

hey guys, normally I'm over in the STT forum but I had a tough hand last night while I was playing 5/10 live to mix things up.

overall a soft table that plays loose passive preflop. UTG, two in middle position, and the button limp in while I complete in the SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I have the entire table covered.

flop comes 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I fire out $25 and it folds to the button. The button has been limping over half of his hands and has gradually gotten grinded down to only $200. He miniraises me to $50 which I call. The turn comes the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I check. He bets $100 leaving himself with $60 left. thoughts?

On the flop I doubt that he has two pair given the board and I would have expected him to raise more with a set given the possible draws. He also would have raised an overpocket pf.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: 5/10 TPTK from the SB

[ QUOTE ]

On the flop I doubt that he has two pair given the board and I would have expected him to raise more with a set given the possible draws. He also would have raised an overpocket pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically you think you are ahead on the flop. The board is draw heavy. Just push the flop.

As you played it, it depends on the opponent. Obviously his KT/KcXc has now outdrawn you. I likely still push but you shouldn't have ended up in this spot.

This is a no-brainer thread to be honest, he has 20BB's ferchrissakes.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:17 PM

I am definately pushing the flop. Like the other poster stated, he doesn't have much left, and with that said, you can't realistically fold on the turn. Results?

ChewyMint
Old 07-17-2005, 06:44 PM

just go allin on the flop, and get this over with.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:30 PM

thanks guys, I don't know where my common sense was. My main concern with pushing the flop was that even though this guy was bad, I really doubt that he was going to call a push with a weaker kicker and I don't know who in their right mind miniraises a draw, although I suppose that its possible. Basically I couldn't really put him on a hand, but I definitly didn't see him on a draw or my push getting called by a weaker hand. I figured that if I just called the flop he would bet the turn when checked to and I could push and have a chance of getting paid off by a weaker hand.

[/ QUOTE ]Results?

[/ QUOTE ]
I pushed the turn and he flipped over the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The river was an A [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I felt like a total donk though, prob because I played it like one.

with hindsight does anyone lay this down on the flop? I'm almost positive that he's not bluffing, and with this many limpers he has to give me credit for a hand.