Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 01:42 AM

Default My AC Trip (What I\'ve learned)

My first visit to AC is officially over (well, i check out in the morning), and I've learned a very valuable lesson, one that I've missed sorely over the 1st 6 months of my poker career. I've played around 30 hrs or so this week, and finally realized while Poker is a game about money, and in the end, its the $ that is the score, you can't forget to have fun, espically while at a table. A table with alot of talking and friendly banter is a good table. Sitting there with your ipod on and waiting to nut peddle is no way to play cards. If your sitting down at a game and you only care about making money and playing well, you need to remember that having a friendly table will make you alot more than no one giving you any action when you raise. People will notice alot less when you play no cards and are being a TAG then when you are talking it up, having a good time and being a TAG.

A Case in point:

While sitting in a 5/10 game at the Taj Weds. night, a loud, overweight italian guy sits down to my right with a rack of reds and a stack of greens. , waaaay too much for 5/10, and says he's waiting for a 5/10 NL game. He's a Lag, but he's having a good time. He's bluff raising, limp-capping, building pots. His being obnoxious to the other players, but I've decided to be extremly nice with him, and even play back at him (in fun) during heads up hands. When I saw how much his mere precence was loosening up a usually weak-tight game into a very good game. He was up and down all night, but ended up dumping $200 on the table before he got up. The next day (today), I take a trip over to the Borg and play some 6/12. Guess who is there? The same guy, and since he knows me, he pulls up a seat (to my right), and again loosens up a usually weak tight 6/12 game. Unfortunatly, he ran into a bad string of luck and made a racist remark to our asian dealer, which the floor was promptly called on. Well the rest of the table was appalled and he was moved, I made sure I got up and was very nice to him and shook his hand. This, of course, was after he had dumped $450 at the 6/12 game.

Will I ever see this guy again? Probably not. But if I do, I hope he will remember that I'm a fun guy to play cards with. And I hope he sits to my right.