Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 05:41 AM

Default overbet against to

Ok its short handed. The main villain is a tough spot in the game, and he's the only thing preventing me from running over an otherwise very weak table.

I have lost some money to him (prob ~75BB) where he was pushing me around. For instance I had QQ w/ Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] flop comes Axx all spades. He bets big. I call. Turn is another ace. He insta pushes, which is 1.5x the pot and I cry and fold. He shows KK no spade. I think that's kind of interesting and I don't know if I think its bad or not, but it looks pretty terrible.

Anyway, he's incredibly aggressive and he's definitely been pushing and overbetting with marginal hands.

He just got it all in (by overbetting) with QJ on a Q xx flop against someone who had AQ. He is probably on tilt and I want him out of my game.

On to the hand:

He's on the button with about 85$ left.

Folded to him. He raises to 8$. This means he has two cards. He's been abusing my blind like a motherfucker. SB folds, I cover him and I call with K9o. Flop is 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I check. There is 17$ in the pot and he bets 10$. I push for the 60$ he has left.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:00 AM

Default Re: overbet against to

easy push. You're too weak to milk it.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:35 PM

So you think this is standard? Note that I'm betting like 55 into a 35 pot, which is kind of unusual for the SSNL forum... Any other comments?

I should have mentioned that he's definitely a thinking player. Aggressive as hell, and definitely thinking.

What do people think he will call with, or put me on for that matter?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:43 PM

He's on tilt, he's raising any two, you called with K9 and you got the exact flop you want, TPTK(close enough). By the numbers you have to assume you hand is good. It's also very vulnerable to his 'any two', so push in here and hope to take the pot. If you don't, that's poker, you played it perfectly imo.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:32 PM

ok thanks that's what I wanted to hear. For some reason people seem to have a big aversion to overbetting or underbetting the pot on this forum and I'd like to see more hands where the players feel like a less generic approach will suit the hand.

By the way, he called almost instantly with 7 10o. I held up and he left. Mission accomplished.