Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Over bet with a donkey image?

I made a very loose call my first hand which actually won me a hand with A High. So now everyone believes im a total donk. Here is the hand did i overbet?

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, SB folds,Hero bets 25 BB folds, UTG folds Villian Calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villian bets 50 Hero raises 150 Villian folds.

Final Pot:
I think i overbet this i thouht my donkey image would help. COmments welcome
Old 07-12-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Over bet with a donkey image?

Not a bad play. If you just called a bet with A high, these guys aren't going to try to bluff at you, so he has to have something. $150 might look like a typical donk's sloppy bet when he has the nuts, but on the other hand he might think you're trying to push him out by intimidating him with the large raise. I would make it somewhere between $100 and $125.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:47 AM

If you called with Ace high you may have an image as a loose passive player, or just passive in general. Whenever a passive player makes a bet likes this my first instinct is to fold unless I really have a nice hand. So I really do not see you getting paid off that often here.

If you want to look like a donk min re raise him, if he has any ace he will have a really hard time not calling this. You may even get him to call a small bet on the river as well.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:51 AM

No i already have a donkey image. Im not trying to look like one. My goal was to overbet as donkeys do when they miss. But i agree with the first poster i should have made it 100 to go.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I made a very loose call my first hand which actually won me a hand with A High. So now everyone believes im a total donk. Here is the hand did i overbet?

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, SB folds,Hero bets 25 BB folds, UTG folds Villian Calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot:

[/ QUOTE ]

A-high? Didn't you have two pair? I'm missing something here.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed)

converter

Final Pot:

[/ QUOTE ]

A-high? Didn't you have two pair? I'm missing something here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes in this hand. What i said was the first hand i sat down at the table (not this one i posted) i called a 25$ river bet with a Ace high. I though he was on a bluff and i was right. Yet everyone said i was horrible blah blah blah. Fine by me. Then this hand came i raised to 7 and got 5 callers (lack of respect dang it).....
Old 07-12-2005, 11:52 AM

Why don't people proofread their hands before posting them?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't people proofread their hands before posting them?

[/ QUOTE ]
because we can piss people like you off....
Old 07-12-2005, 02:28 PM

It doesn't piss me off. It just means you get no feedback from me. Congratulations on your worthless thread.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't piss me off. It just means you get no feedback from me. Congratulations on your worthless thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I can't make head or tail of the hand in question.