Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Milton vs. Kwazar
Milton 41 75.93%
Kwazar 13 24.07%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Dead overcards versus a flush draw. What do you do?

Live 6/12 game. SB is extremely loose, and she ALWAYS bets her flush draws.

I'm on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
MP3 raises, I reraise, SB coldcalls, MP3 calls.

The flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets. She bets on anything and everything. She could have a four, trip deuces, a small PP, or anything else, but I am nearly 100% certain that she has two hearts in the hole.

MP3 thinks for a minute and mucks his hand. When he folds, he accidentally flashes his cards: the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Ugh. What to do?
Old 07-10-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Dead overcards versus a flush draw. What do you do?

Well, if your flush-draw read is correct, then she is currently drawing against you.

But you're only roughly a coin flip at this point versus a flush draw that also has live pair outs, and your draw against fours up is suddenly weakened by the fact that two of your cards are in the muck.

It seems to me, though, that the pot's big enough that you should call. You do have a backdoor flush going for you, but I think I'd call anyway (even without the backdoor flush), planning to call down unless another (non-ace or non-king) heart hit.