Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 08:44 PM

Default T7o.. waiting for the turn.. scared by the turn.

Button is 42/2/1.4.
SB is 50/10/1.4.

SB has been a little tricky (c/r'ing turns HU), but has had a hand most of the time. Button is fairly LP but can still finds a decent amount of bets and raises, especially the hands he's been HU vs SB.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

I called the raise intending to bet a blank turn.

Turn: (5 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Check-call to draw mostly.

River: (8 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

I had planned to fold to a bet-call, but called once SB folded his hand.

Final Pot: 10 BB

The alternative line I was considering was to bet-call the turn and check-fold the river. This costs the same, unless button may check behind on the river some of the times I only check-call the turn.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: T7o.. waiting for the turn.. scared by the turn.

I 3bet the flop to prevent free cards and to knock out the middle homie. Too many draws or weaker pairs that button could be raising to give up.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I 3bet the flop to prevent free cards and to knock out the middle homie. Too many draws or weaker pairs that button could be raising to give up.

[/ QUOTE ]

i intended to bet a turn blank to prevent the free card. middle homie already called 2 bets. i think he's seeing the turn.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:28 PM

you are right about middle homie. As for waiting till turn...I guess it's ok, but lots of cards will "appear" scary. Lots of times I lose value on hands by playing it that way. I understand why you would want to (big equity change, etc). Your gutshot gives you 3-4 more outs so I think your equity is high enough to 3bet flop.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:05 PM

I 3bet the flop.

Hero has top pair, 4 clean outs to str., and a few dirty outs for trips or two-pair. The 3bets gives you a lot of fold equity on the turn, and a scare card might become scarier to your opponents.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I 3bet the flop.

Hero has top pair, 4 clean outs to str., and a few dirty outs for trips or two-pair. The 3bets gives you a lot of fold equity on the turn, and a scare card might become scarier to your opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Button will never fold a better Ten for one bet, no matter what drops on the next two streets. Does this affect your line?
Old 07-10-2005, 04:06 PM

I like a 3-bet on the flop as well because this board contains a ton of draws, which extends button's range of raising hands. There's still a very good chance you're ahead and I'd like to regain the initiative since I'm OOP.

If he caps the flop or raises the turn, I'll start to play my hand more like a draw and probably check-fold the river.