Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 03:02 PM

Default 2nd pair and I get raised

villian is 30/15 over 100

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero ....

BB is loose and can be on anything. Villian is a decent player so free card play is likely here. I assume this is an easy fold still? Just checking as I'm new to 6 max. (like everyone else)
Old 07-10-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: 2nd pair and I get raised

Fold here.
You might be ahead but there are 2 players that really liked their hand on the flop. Both players will probably see the river so IF you are ahead, you will get drawn out a significant amount of the time until the river.
If you are behind, you draw to 2 outs and a weak 9-high backdoor flush.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:19 PM

Fold this. It's certainly possible you are being had by A6 or something but playing on is against the odds.

Villain could have a flush draw but that's probably 12-16 outs so folding is not as awful as it seems at first. The key idea in this and many similar situations is that your chances of winning are much lower than your chances of being ahead. When you are behind you have two outs. When you are ahead they usually have many outs between them.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:29 PM

Thanks Poldi and Stellarwind. Ya, I normally fold this in full ring but wasn't sure about 6-max. Silly me.