Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 04:07 AM

Default My first trifecta!

I had essentially long given up on trying for a trifecta but tonight I finally pulled one off.

fullish 30/60 canterbury.

There was a raise and a couple callers and I called my Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the bb.

Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, pfr checks, guy bets, folds to me I raise, pfr calls, guy calls.

Turn 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, pfr checks, guy bets, I raise, pfr thinks and folds, guy calls and says "I've never been tripple check raised before, you gonna c/r the river?" so when the dealer burns and turns up a 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I "say sure, why not" and check, he bets, I raise and he calls.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Re: My first trifecta!

[ QUOTE ]
turns up a 9 I "say sure, why not" and bets,

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to edit this to clarify the sequence. It would be soooo much sweeter if this dialog occured before he bet.

As for the hand, I understand the flop cr, but I don't understand the cr on the turn. It seems you are behind in the hand at this point and you don't have any outs to clean up. (And unlike the flop, you don't need to protect against overcard redraws.) Why make pfr call 2 cold on the turn? Did you think he was folding anyway?
Old 07-08-2005, 04:21 AM

On the turn c/r -no real reason, It just sounded fun. I could claim I was trying to free out my pair outs perhaps, or get my self more action perhaps if I hit, or maybe that'd he'd fold, because I was up over 100big bets at this point and getting some interesting respect, but it's probably more likely that I just felt like c/r again cause it sounded fun.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
because I was up over 100big bets at this point

[/ QUOTE ]

geeez dude.. do you *ever* run bad?

Being the luckbox that you are, I'm surpised you didn't manage to river the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and find the other guy holding the nut flush.

Nice run though. Congrats.

Do they play with red chips there in the 30/60? (they do here) If so, that must have been one big ass pyramid.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
because I was up over 100big bets at this point

[/ QUOTE ]

geeez dude.. do you *ever* run bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still down over 30k in july. Oh, and did I mention the last 4 days in vegas I never won a session. Or that I was down over 300bb playing live this year before pulling out of it in may?

[ QUOTE ]

Being the luckbox that you are, I'm surpised you didn't manage to river the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and find the other guy holding the nut flush.

Nice run though. Congrats.

Do they play with red chips there in the 30/60? (they do here) If so, that must have been one big ass pyramid.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, 10 dollar chips.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:29 AM

Thought you were playing your 'A' game (frm your other thread) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] 100 big bets wtf over how many hours?
Old 07-08-2005, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thought you were playing your 'A' game (frm your other thread) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] 100 big bets wtf over how many hours?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing my A game. I didn't say my A game was any good...I just said I was playing the best I could. I made the river call without hand-reading. It was one of those 'I'm an online player I don't fold hands like this on the river for one bet' calls and it was sloppy of me (ok ok so my A game is a little sloppy) but still I don't think it's all that horrible of a call. He could play 2 8's like that no?

13 hours. 116 bets.

Oh and at the end I was kinda deteriorating to B+ game. Not playing too many hands(hey i folded KJ to a drunk andy fox open raise from middle), just getting a little bit looser post-flop.

[censored] I was talking about the other hand regaurding the 2 8's.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:55 AM

of course he knew it was behind, but there is nothing sweeter than knowing that he's gonna get there. Its this type of positive attitude that you need sometimes.

Nice hand.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:54 AM

I wish I could run half as good as you for half as long. C/R'ing that turn with a bunch of outs and hitting the nuts. Nice.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:17 AM

What the guy show.....