Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Angle shot or not?

(from the Jackpot Jay daily blog on ESPN)
Short-stacked, the Devilfish had been poised to make a steal from the button. Unfortunately for him, just as that hand began, his cell phone started to ring. House rule: If you answer your cell phone in the middle of a hand, your hand is dead - no ifs, ands or buts.

Knowing this, the Devilfish shoved the ringing phone under his sports jacket, <font color="red">but as he pushed in his chips, a young lady at the table squealed in protest, "His hand should be dead." </font>The floor was called, and it was so ruled - death by cell phone

Should Devilfish have been nailed for his phone ringing? Assuming, of course, that this isn't another ESPN fantasy occurance...
Old 07-08-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Angle shot or not?

[ QUOTE ]
.....just as that hand began, his cell phone started to ring. House rule: If you answer your cell phone in the middle of a hand, your hand is dead - no ifs, ands or buts.

Knowing this, the Devilfish shoved the ringing phone under his sports jacket, <font color="red">but as he pushed in his chips, a young lady at the table squealed in protest, "His hand should be dead." </font>The floor was called, and it was so ruled - death by cell phone[/i]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF???
Old 07-08-2005, 12:12 PM

Someone should make a website, angleshotornot.com.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:16 PM

Guess his phone doesn't have a vibrate feature.

Anyways, there's no way he should've had his hand killed if he didn't answer the phone.

Kevin...
Old 07-08-2005, 02:37 PM

I say the woman took an angle shot, but does that depend on whether she was in the hand or not?

Of course, I don't understand why most people carry cell phones and leave them on when they are supposed to be focusing on something important, or in public events.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say the woman took an angle shot, but does that depend on whether she was in the hand or not?

Of course, I don't understand why most people carry cell phones and leave them on when they are supposed to be focusing on something important, or in public events.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe his wife/child just got into an accident? This is ridiculous.