Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Rebuy tourneys, to add on or not.

When you are playing in a few k guaranted rebuy tounrey, how do you choose when to rebuy or not. Is it dependant on your stack size or size of prize pool. Im curoius to see what you guys think.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Rebuy tourneys, to add on or not.

[ QUOTE ]
When you are playing in a few k guaranted rebuy tounrey, how do you choose when to rebuy or not. Is it dependant on your stack size or size of prize pool. Im curoius to see what you guys think.

[/ QUOTE ]

i add on 100% of the time b/c the chips cost much less per chip than the buy-in/rebuys. there have been lots of threads on this, including some by fossilman.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:34 PM

This is getting ridiculous. There have been like 3 posts about this exact topic in the last week. Just use the search.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:50 PM

The add on is one thing (YES!!!) the rebuys another.

In my limited live experience I have watched people rebuy over and over again, only to go out about 3 hands after the rebuy period expires. In other words, their strategy (and their skill level) doesn't seem to change even after the rebuy is no longer available.

This does not make a lot of sense to me, unless you have a lot of disposable income and are just trying to dispose yourself of it!

I usually budget for one rebuy and the add on. I play relatively tight during the rebuy period, with the idea of making it to the add on without having to rebuy. If I make it to that point without a rebuy, but my stack is small enough so that I am eligible, I take both a rebuy and the add on. It is only towards the very end of the rebuy period that I loosen up a bit and engage in (what I would consider) risky behavior.

I know there are some people who will rebuy even before the first hand--from what I have seen, any advantage that gives them is soon overcome by poor play on their part or good play on the part of others. It does not seem worthwhile to do so--the blinds increase slowly enough so that you will have enough chips to play effectively after the rebuy period with what you get from the add on.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:25 PM

You should rebuy enough to put yourself in a good position to make the final table. If on party, this means rebuying 10 times or more, then so be it.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:46 PM

could someone link the threads on rebuy strategies? the search function blows. i addon pretty much 100%, the fact that is is 1500 chips for 1 buy in makes it a lock.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:56 PM

4 5
Old 07-07-2005, 06:57 PM

cool, thanks