Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 10:23 AM

Default How do you like my line

Opponent in this hand is reasonable and is capable of making a fold. Given that knowledge, how do you like my line. I think there is about a decent chance my hand is actually the best, and I think I have some fold equity if it's not given the scary board.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

SB ($81.45)
BB ($94.5)
Hero ($108.05)
MP ($56.1)
CO ($105.76)
Button ($109.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $2, SB calls $2.

Flop: ($9) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5, SB folds.

Turn: ($19) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>

If he calls i'm going to check behind on the river if I can, and fold to further agression. Thoughts?
Old 07-07-2005, 10:57 AM

Default Re: How do you like my line

What is your thought process behind raising to $15, basically a min raise? I think if you are gonna raise (not a bad idea in my opinion, he will let you know if he has a T) I would make it $25. If he calls you probably earned yourself a free showdown, or you know you are beat, but I am not sure if a min raise accomplishes these things. I do like the idea of raising though...
Old 07-07-2005, 11:04 AM

I believe OP knows that villain does not have a T but rather an overpair higher than T.

by minraising on the turn, OP is hoping to represent a T that wants to milk while really bluffing with minimal investment.

I like the line if villain is good enough to recognize these things.

If I was villain I would have probably folded most overpairs
Old 07-07-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe OP knows that villain does not have a T but rather an overpair higher than T.

by minraising on the turn, OP is hoping to represent a T that wants to milk while really bluffing with minimal investment.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I was thinking...this looks like a bet that is begging to be called.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:39 AM

I understand, but this is .5/$1 right? I am often guilty of this as well but I don't think you can give your opponent enough credit to assume he will understand, or that he could put you on doing that as well. So many times when the hand was over I will think to myself, damn I told the guy I had the T why didn't he fold it as he shows QQ and takes down the pot.
If, like you said in your description of your opponent, he is able to think at this level, its good, but I am very hesitant to give him that much credit so I make it $25. The better the player, the better your line looks to me. Hope the hand worked out for you.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:54 PM

guess the hand wasn't as interesting as I thought given the low response rate, but he claimed he folded KK...not really sure if that is the case or not, but he folded to the turn raise.