Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 10:56 AM

Default i usually fastplay here, but tried something different

6 handed 5-10. I have everyone covered.

bad UTG limps ($500). nothing special CO limps ($1200). I limp w/ Ad3d on button. SB folds, BB checks ($1000).

Flop ($43) is Kd6d8d NICE!

checked to cutoff who bets $40, I call, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn ($200) offsuit J

checked to cutoff who bets $150, I raise to $350, BB folds, UTG pushes in for about $450, cutoff calls, I call the extra $100 (can't raise cause not a complete bet).

River blank, CO checks, I push in, he folds.

What's a better way to play the hand (specifically how much should I have raised the turn when I do slowplay there). Also, how often is this a slowplay (if ever) in an unraised pot?

My raises were getting a lot of respect and the players were prone to fall for a trap at this table - that's part of the reason I did it.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: i usually fastplay here, but tried something different

You canīt really play this hand any other way than you did. You got bet into on the flop with the nuts with lots of ppl behind you dying to draw to that K and Q of [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] so thatīs a no brainer call.
You then raise CO on the turn which is perfectly fine, just calling here is also fine but since any [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the river will probably kill the action itīs probably best to pop it here. and the amount you raised looks good also.

Now you got lucky in this hand since UTG and CO caught some big hands too and regardless of how you played the hand I think UTG:s money were going in the middle...

Nice hand...
Old 07-06-2005, 03:12 PM

I would really say that your line is best. I think raising this flop would be horrible, with 2 players behind you. On the turn you need to build a pot and the raise looks good.

All in all, I'd play it the same.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:18 PM

Bet 300 on the river he has to call that if has any piece. 300 into a 1500 dollar pot he is getting 5-1 if he is almost forced to call there. Are you trying to overbet the pot as to make him believed you missed? Just curious.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:35 PM

All-in on the river wasn't even close to an overbet. I was giving him huge odds. We had about $500 left or so, and with the all-in player there, I couldn't be bluffing....
Old 07-06-2005, 03:38 PM

So then why go all in with the nutz as you yourself mentioned it wouldnt be a bluff with someone else in it. DOnt you want to maximize your profit? You dont think hed call a 200-300 bet on the end? I just dont understand goin all in there with the nutz id think you want action. He had 700 left at the river so if you bet 200-300 i think he calls.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:42 PM

I really thought if he would call $300 he would call $600. I'm not sure he even calls $100 the way the hand went down on the end unless he has a smaller flush (i put him on a set).
Old 07-06-2005, 03:46 PM

I guess but it think long term betting 300 10 times and going all in 10 times in that situaiton you will make more money betting 300. But thats debatable and has no scientific proof. Either way nice pot and nice hand.