Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 05:52 PM

Default JJ in BB

MP2 was 48/3/.5 after 70 hands

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.75.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds.

River: (11.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

How would you play the turn &amp; river? Should I c/c it down or continue firing and why?
Old 07-03-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: JJ in BB

I bet/call the river...

but based on the aggression numbers, I think maybe a bet/fold would be correct [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2005, 06:08 PM

Bet the river. You'll get called down by worse hands very often, and you don't want it to get checked through.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river. You'll get called down by worse hands very often, and you don't want it to get checked through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. JJ is a good hand, and if you get called and beaten by QT or some crap so be it, but you're more likely to see something matched up with the nine, and when you checked you induced a bluff. If, when you fire out on the river, villan raises you, I might try to get a quick look at his RIVER agg number in PT, but I think it's worth a calldown.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:48 PM

my advice will be tentative, I just want to suggest another possible direction to go with the hand.

It occurs to me that your hand has a big pot equity edge from the flop, so yeah you like to get as much money in as possible while your edge is large and not give free cards to overcards. However, I think a strong case can be made to check the flop for a few reasons.

First of all there is a flush draw, as well as 3 overcards you have to dodge. This means the turn card can have a large effect on your pot equity edge. Additionally, a bet into a pot of this size is not going to get many folds, probably not any of the overs you fear at least. And anyone with a weak draw to two pair or a gutshot is priced in.

I remember a section of SSH talking about when you cant protect your hand, or when your hand's equity edge is apt to change dramatically based ont he turn card, it may be best to wait to see what the turn card is.

You could lead the turn. then the river if they just call.

Again, Im sure I could be misapplying this advice, but I beleive it has a bearing on this hand.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:50 PM

Only thing I may do different is bet the river.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only thing I may do different is bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-03-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only thing I definitely do different is bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYPs
Old 07-03-2005, 07:07 PM

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2005, 07:24 PM

This is an interesting and thoughtful responce. However, I don't think the SSHE advice you cite is not specifically applicable since you are not acting in LP here. The problem is that you don't have the chance to raise on the turn, unless you were to try a checkraise, which is risky since yr position is so bad.

There are many situations where you just can't protect yr hand no matter what you do. This is one of those times. I think a value bet on the flop is best.

However, keep using yr brain.