Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 09:44 PM

Default When should I have known I was beat? Did I play it ok?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (11.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (16.70 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 18.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Ah 6h (two pair, aces and jacks).
Hero has Kh Kd (two pair, kings and jacks).
Outcome: UTG wins 18.70 BB. </font>
Old 07-03-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: When should I have known I was beat? Did I play it ok?

I'd call the flop and probably fold the turn. Don't show results.

The field is large, someone has shown aggression on a drawless board out of no where, and a Jack and an Ace beats you.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:53 PM

i'd play the flop the same. bet back into on the turn, safe to say he has either the J or the A, so i'd fold barring any reads.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:56 PM

Fold turn? The pot's huge! I'd raise flop and bet bet or bet/call call. Maybe you can even get him to fold an ace. It won't happent too often, but you win a lot when you do. Big pot, protect hand even though it is questionable. You don't need to win often to show a profit. Plus when you play this way with a "questionable" hand in their minds, you'll get paid off big time when you flop a monster on a scary board. Definitely will more than make up for the bets you might lose here.

EDIT: He donkbet the turn, so I mean call call or the less likely call bet or even less likely call bet/call.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:10 PM

Err, scratch that. Don't bet the river here when he checks. He's folding any hand that you beat, and calling or raising only with hands that beat you. Check and hope he has a medium pp. Besides that, I'd play exactly the same with the debatable turn call.