Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 03:17 AM

Default How to find fishy rooms with PT

I am using the trial version of PT right now and deciding if I want to purchase it, but I was wondering how you find soft rooms with it? In my opinion, the competition you play against is probably the most important thing you can control in poker. If you routinely play against people as good as you, you will lose all of your money. Do you just have to manually look up players in the rooms using poker tracker to see if they have a high VPIP or how does that work exactly for finding fishy rooms through poker tracker? Usually I just go into rooms with the highest avg. pot sizes, but I'd like to KNOW which rooms have a ton of weak opponents and who they are.

1 more thing, do you have to be sitting at the table for PT analyze a hand. For example, if you observe a room for hours when you are idle and not even at your computer, will that go into your imported hands used in analyzing players?
Old 07-01-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: How to find fishy rooms with PT

if you are playing .5/1 or lower

9times out of 10 any table with an open seat is good
Old 07-01-2005, 03:25 AM

That won't work. You need to play the hands to put them in your PT database. Sorry.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:51 AM

Actually I think PT will take observed hands from the party skins.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:31 AM

Most tables are going to be great at .5/1.

As for finding bad opponents, you can datamine with PT using the observed hands feature. Then you can search PT for the players with the worst stats and then add them to your buddylist.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:18 PM

actually, the way I do it is I have a real $ account, so I open up 4 tables at once, and set the option (it's on the 2nd tab) to get their observed hands. After 3 orbits (30 hands) I rate the players, then open up gametime+. I just pick a random person at the table , open up the stats for him and look at the table. I repeat this with all 4 and pick the best one to play at (I'm still learning, so I don't multitable). Once I start playing at the table, I remove the current tracker from the random person and put it on myself to make sure it's up to date.

Please note, this is my newbish way of doing it. I'm hoping there's a faster, 1 step way of doing this.

EDIT: So far, I've tried the buddy thing w/o sucess. I either forget to look at it, the fish is at a different limit than I like, or I have too much data from the tables already to close and stop. Mabye I could look for the fish first, open their tables, then pick other tables to round out the 4.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:46 AM

PokerTracker is better than sex.
Buy it.
That is all.