Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 10:29 PM

Default AKs against <2% PFR

Villain has 1.6% PFR over 63 hands.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (21.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (13.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds

If you had a large sample and was sure their PFR was less than 2, is there anything wrong in cold calling preflop? Would you ever ditch it if you had enough hands on the person?
Old 07-01-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Re: AKs against <2% PFR

Nice hand IMO. More hands and I'm not 3-betting (like, a shitload more, though). Depends on table conditions whether I would call or fold. Probably folding.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:39 PM

With only 63 hands or whatever on him, Im defintely staying in with this hand. Whether to call or raise would depend on the people to my left.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:14 AM

This is a situation where I'm using my full 25 seconds or whatever it is, and flipping over to PT to get a look at what Villan actually PFRs. Unfortunately, what I'm finding a lot as I'm moving up is that I have a lot of players in PT with between 50 and 200 hands, with PFRs in the 2-7% range, but I don't actualy have very many hands that they've raised in the database...they've either raised and folded the table or raised preflop and wound up folding before showdown.

This was rarely a problem at .5/1. If you raised preflop, you were showdown-committed!