Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Was I wrong to abandon this calldown?

Seven-handed, but this feels like a HUSH hand. Besides, the four players to my left were so rockish it was almost like they weren't there.

The two players to my right really like to steal and re-steal. I'd re-stolen or re-re-stolen from them several times in the last 20 hands or so, with varied success. Once villain raised the flop I intended to call down with my A high, but I let the cards scare me into a river fold. I'm not at all sure this wasn't a stupid thing to do.

Absolute Poker 5/10 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 06-28-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Was I wrong to abandon this calldown?

This situation sucks but I think a fold is ok on the river. With just one paint card on the turn, there's a decent chance you're still ahead based on your read. Though, by this point they have to know you're willing to defend with less than premium hands, so Button's line here really seems legit. I might be tempted to fold the turn when the Q hits since you may be drawing to 3 outs at best, but it's not awful.