Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Hello, my name is coffee, and I am a LAG...

HELP! I have realized that I'm a LAG. I've been playing the 6-handed NL tables at Empire/Stars for about a week, and I've determined that, despite my best intentions, I am jamming just about every pot that I enter preflop.

Now...I'm not ramming with 26off or anything, but any suited connectors above 8, facecards, and any pairs above sixes result in me jabbing a raise into the middle, regardless of my position.

Here's the part that scares me: it has been largely successful so far. I have endured a couple of swings(1 or 2 buyins lost, and all on legitimate hands...just standard suckout), but I am still well in the black.

As someone who defines the word "rock" on the limit side of things, is this a problem? Should I be worried that I am operating under the "good enough to call = good enough to raise" doctrine? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Hello, my name is coffee, and I am a LAG...

It all depends on your postflop skills.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:19 AM

If you think that you can win a pot uncontested by betting or raising, why shouldn't you?

I play full ring (I suck at short-handed), and I play very similarly. Betting draws on the come, picking up on weakness, continuous aggression are all very important aspects of the game, and there's no reason to think that there's anything wrong with it.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:52 AM

You have to play loose in a 6max game because your blinded down to nothing very fast if you just wait for premiums.